Location: Austin, Texas, United States
About the Firm
JB Mortgage Group is an Austin based lending team, advising homebuyers through the lending process with a level of advising and expertise that surpasses the average lender. We are a division of Celebrity Home Loans, (“CHL”) who is a national independent mortgage bank with a progressive 50 state licensing strategy. We lend billions of dollars annually through our highly diversified network of retail divisions, regions, and branches.
With over 50 years of combined lending experience in Austin, Texas, we understand this high-pressure real estate market and want to offer our clients and real estate partners the best customer service and support at a competitive price. We offer an informative lending approach, teaching our clients about their options with the ultimate goal of becoming their trusted lending advisor for life.
We are looking for proactive and resourceful individuals to join the JBMG team. A successful JBMG team member is hard-working, intelligent, witty and experienced. We are inspired by people with a good sense of humor, willingness to learn, willingness to succeed, and just plain grit. Competitive compensation includes a base salary plus bonus with full benefits. We work hard, laugh a lot, and play hard. We support each other and our culture adds the fuel that drives us every day. We require that all JBMG employees obtain their LO license within 6 months of employment.
We are currently working from home but will transition to an office in West Austin by the end of summer and expect all employees to be in the office as much as possible.
- You are highly motivated and thrive on a team where you can make a big impact
- You often seek the path to rapidly increase your responsibilities and grow within an organization
What You Will Do
Residential Mortgage loan underwriters are responsible for approving or rejecting mortgages. To make this decision, the mortgage underwriter must generate a risk report and demonstrate how the contents of the report are within the lender’s guidelines for approval, or how the contents of the report fail to meet the guidelines. The first thing that mortgage underwriters do is obtain and review credit reports for prospective debtors. Next, they obtain information from prospective debtors about their income, and possibly their assets and other debts. Afterward, mortgage underwriters will determine what collateral is available that can be used to back the mortgage.
- Underwrites residential mortgage loans in accordance with Fannie, Freddie, FHA and internal guidelines ensuring compliance with company and investor standards
- Has current in-depth experience and complete knowledge of Fannie, Freddie and FHA lending guidelines and understands how those relate to internal and investor guidelines as well as knowledge pertaining to the regulations governing mortgage lending
- AUS loans – reviewing data input, validating data integrity, and ensuring compliance with agencies AUS guidelines
- Non-AUS loans (FHA Streamline and VA IRRRL) – analyzing loan applications to determine risk to CHL and acceptability to HUD standards
- Review and analyze borrower profiles, credit reports (including supporting documentation), income documentation, asset documentation and title reports. Has thorough knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis and expertise in tax return and balance sheet analysis
- Ensure documentation is appropriate to support credit decision
- Ability to properly assess and respond to fraud indicators
- Analyze appraisals for accurate property valuation for conventional and FHA loans
- Issue timely loan approvals or adverse action notifications
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in loan underwriting; active within last 12 months
- DE-CHUMS ID, VA-LAPP and/or USDA-GUS experience required
- Experience with Encompass LOS a plus
- Ability to prioritize and decipher policies, programs and guidelines
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities and prioritize work in a deadline intensive environment
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to influence through collaboration
- Self-motivated, high level of personal energy and commitment
- Problem solving skills as well as flexibility and adaptability are of key importance
Compensation & Benefits
- Base Salary + Commission and/or bonus based on performance and growth
- 3 weeks paid vacation accrued annually
- Full healthcare benefits and 401K
Celebrity Home Loans is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, and protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Celebrity Home Loans NMLS # 227765
One Mid America Plaza, Suite 800, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181