Location: Austin, Texas, United States
About the Firm
JB Mortgage Group is an Austin based lending team, advising homebuyers through the lending process with a level of advising and expertise that surpasses the average lender. We are a division of Celebrity Home Loans, (“CHL”) who is a national independent mortgage bank with a progressive 50 state licensing strategy. We lend billions of dollars annually through our highly diversified network of retail divisions, regions, and branches.
With over 50 years of combined lending experience in Austin, Texas, we understand this high-pressure real estate market and want to offer our clients and real estate partners the best customer service and support at a competitive price. We offer an informative lending approach, teaching our clients about their options with the ultimate goal of becoming their trusted lending advisor for life.
We are looking for proactive and resourceful individuals to join the JBMG team. A successful JBMG team member is hard-working, intelligent, witty and experienced. We are inspired by people with a good sense of humor, willingness to learn, willingness to succeed, and just plain grit. Competitive compensation includes a base salary plus bonus with full benefits. We work hard, laugh a lot, and play hard. We support each other and our culture adds the fuel that drives us every day. We require that all JBMG employees obtain their LO license within 6 months of employment.
We are currently working from home but will transition to an office in West Austin in October and expect all employees to be in the office as much as possible.
- You are highly motivated and thrive on a team where you can make a big impact
- You often seek the path to rapidly increase your responsibilities and grow within an organization
What You Will Do
Under the direction of the Processing Lead, Operations Manager and/or Processing Manager, evaluates all information supplied on the mortgage loan application, verifies the validity of the information and assembles a completely documented file to underwriting and closing. Acts as the primary liaison between the loan officer, loan officer assistant, realtors, builders and the customer(s).
- Maintains knowledge of all policies and modifications to the guidelines and standards of the company, federal housing programs, investors, and private mortgage insurers
- Maintains and updates loan application information within loan origination software and other applications
- Verifies the data collected, analyzes, and decides whether it meets guidelines or if other documentation is needed
- Completes final evaluation and analysis of completed application packages and submits eligible files specifying any applicable conditions
- Schedules closing appointments with respective parties (i.e. title companies, closing attorneys, corporate closing department and customers etc.)
- Review AUS Findings (DU/LP) to verify all applicable documentation has been gathered and addressed
- Verify that credit documents (1003, Residency, Income, Assets and Liabilities) are accurate and review third party documents (Appraisal, Title, etc.) to ensure salability
- Keep up to date on all company policy and procedure
Desired Skills & Experience
- College degree or applicable business experience
- Minimum 3-years currently working in the mortgage industry
- Experience with Encompass LOS systems a plus
- Ability to prioritize and decipher policies, programs and guidelines
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities and prioritize work in a deadline intensive environment
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to influence through collaboration
- Self-motivated, high level of personal energy and commitment.
- Problem solving skills as well as flexibility and adaptability are of key importance
- Excellent disposition, mindset, communication skills and work ethic
Compensation & Benefits
- Base Salary + Commission and/or bonus based on performance and growth
- 3 weeks paid vacation accrued annually
- Full healthcare benefits and 401K
Celebrity Home Loans is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, and protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Celebrity Home Loans NMLS # 227765
One Mid America Plaza, Suite 800, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181