Business Development Officer
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
We are looking for proactive and resourceful individuals to join the JBMG team. A successful JBMG team member is hard-working, intelligent, witty, and experienced. We are inspired by people with a good sense of humor, willingness to learn, willingness to succeed, and just plain grit. Competitive compensation includes a base salary plus bonus with full benefits. We work hard, laugh a lot, and play hard. We support each other and our culture adds the fuel that drives us every day. We require that all JBMG employees obtain their LO license within 6 months of employment.
We are looking for an innovative and driven business development officer to join our growing team. The individual in this role would be responsible for analyzing our agent/client base and current sales strategies and identifying opportunities to increase efficiency and profitability. We are seeking a candidate who is eager to think outside the box when it comes to our agents/clients and their needs. Candidates with a background in sales who are analytically minded and motivated will do well in this role. If you are looking to be part of an experienced team in a vibrant and rapidly growing industry, then keep reading.
What’s In It For You?
- Base Salary + Uncapped Commission Potential
- Excellent Benefits Package That Includes: Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid Holidays, and more!
- Team Oriented Fast-Paced Fun Environment
- Dedicated and experienced Management Team
- Leads with High Approval/Conversion Ratios
- On-going sales training and investment in our employees
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the current customer base to identify potential sales opportunities
- Build strong relationships with agents and outside business contacts
- Develop and test unique business strategies and concepts
- Collaborate with colleagues and peers on sales and marketing to improve overall experience and satisfaction
- Stay up to date on company best practices, policies, products, pricing, and promotions
- Increase overall sales efficiency and profitability through excellent salesmanship
What You’ll Do Day to Day:
- Prospect for new business with warm leads provided by the company.
- Meet and EXCEED targeted levels of sales activities that lead to results.
- Use consultative and value selling techniques to identify needs, determine eligibility, and present the best solutions that help agents grow their business which will directly influence the growth of our business.
- Become a brand ambassador for JBMG.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, or related field preferred
- Equivalent experience in related field acceptable as well (example: five-plus years in a sales or business development environment)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in lending, financial advising, banking, or real estate
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Ability to learn and navigate proprietary CRM and LOS software
- Capacity to learn and absorb a very large quantity of information quickly
- Capacity to work in a demanding environment with long hours when required
- Practice congeniality with both clients and team members
- Exceptional diligence in all actions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team-environment
- Ability to maintain quality of work while working under pressure
- Ability to process and healthily manage stress levels
- Must be receptive to ongoing, constructive feedback
- Must be tech-savvy
- Ability to prioritize and decipher policies, programs and guidelines
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities and prioritize work in a deadline intensive environment
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to influence through collaboration
- Self-motivated, high level of personal energy and commitment
- Problem solving skills as well as flexibility and adaptability are of key importance
- Willing to study and obtain NMLS mortgage license
Compensation & Benefits
- Base Salary + Commission and/or bonus based on performance and growth
- 3 weeks paid vacation accrued annually
- Full healthcare benefits and 401K
About the Firm
JB Mortgage Group is an Austin-based lending team, advising homebuyers through the lending process with a level of advising and expertise that surpasses the average lender. We are a division of Celebrity Home Loans, (“CHL”) who is a national independent mortgage bank with a progressive 50 state licensing strategy. We lend billions of dollars annually through our highly diversified network of retail divisions, regions, and branches.
With 50 years of combined lending experience in Austin, Texas, we understand this high-pressure real estate market and want to offer our clients and real estate partners the best customer service and support at a competitive price. We offer an informative lending approach, teaching our clients about their options with the ultimate goal of becoming their trusted lending advisor for life.
About Celebrity Home Loans
Celebrity Home Loans is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, and protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Celebrity Home Loans NMLS # 227765
One Mid America Plaza, Suite 800, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181